The Surfrider Foundation Long Beach Chapter is announcing nominations for Executive Committee (EC) members to lead the chapter in its efforts to protect and enjoy our ocean, waves, and beaches through activism. New EC members will help the chapter educate the local community (including City Hall) about the Breakwater, Ocean Friendly Gardens , Rise Above Plastics, Ocean Friendly Restaurants, and other Surfrider Foundation initiatives. There are four EC positions up for election:
- Chairperson – Organize the monthly EC meetings, main contact of the chapter, communication with SF headquarters.
- Vice Chairperson – Assistant to Chairperson. Assume Chairperson’s responsibilities when he/she is absent.
- Treasurer – Book keeping for the chapter.
- ‘At Large’ Core Volunteer – Assist in public events and chapter campaigns.
Wonder if you’re eligible? Here are the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Surfrider member in good standing.
- Must have participated in at least 3 Surfrider events in the past year, one of which was a Long Beach Chapter EC meeting. This requirement is so that you know what you’re getting into.
- Must be available to participate in the EC meetings, held on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7PM in Long Beach.
These leadership positions will begin January 1, 2019 and hold a 2 year commitment.
Know someone who would make a great leader? Email their name to email@example.com by December 1, 2018.